Family Promise Sarasota is here to help families who are newly homeless and have minor children. Our goal is to provide their BASIC NEEDS (shelter, meals, personal items, case management, support, resources and referrals) for 30 to 90 days while they WORK and save anywhere from 60% to 90% of their income ---- towards future housing.
We are NOT "emergency shelter" (we can not intake a family "same day" of inquiry call) as we are considered transitional shelter.
Families wishing to use our free services:
- Have minor children in their custody
- May not be using drugs/alcohol (we drug screen)
- May not have felony records (we background check)
- May not have severe mental health diagnosis
- Adults in family must be able and willing to be employed FULL time
Families should have some recent history (in last 3 years) of some steady independent housing, and employment history.
Families in need should call us at 952-1800 to discuss their situation.